Recent Posts

December 14, 2009

Food & Wine's Best Places In DC

Food and Wine put together a great list of the best places to eat around the world. You can click on a city on the map and it will list their top restaurant picks for that area. I was embarrassed to discover that I have only been to 3 out of the 10 picks they had for DC. Shameful! I clearly have some dining out to do.

The 3 that I had been to were Commonwealth, Ray's Hell-Burger and Proof. Commonwealth had a crispy and delicious Smithwick's Fish n' Chips. Ray's had the best burger I've ever had, hands down (I accept the challenge of others if they think they can beat it). Proof had some of the most sophisticated and well-thought out dishes I've had in DC (for example, they have a duck confit with grilled house made lamb sausage as well as charcuterie and cheese plates to awaken the palate).  Let's not overlook their impressive wine selection and knowledgeable food pairings.

I'm very much looking forward to hitting up some of the others on their list. If you've been to any of them, let me know how they are!

Food and Wine's Picks for Best Restaurants in DC

0 comments:

Post a Comment