Recent Posts

August 25, 2009

Girls Eat Burgers Too, vol. 2- Quarry House


In continuing my quest for devouring all of the DC area's juiciest burgers, I hit up a local joint in Silver Spring- the Quarry House. After walking down the dark, scary stairs into the basement of a building we open the door and find we have to stand for a moment to let our eyes adjust to the dim lighting.
We peruse the beer menu and select some fine Belgian brews of Corsendonk and Kwak. After skipping lunch that day, we opted to start with some hot wings. After getting the wings, we quickly realized we should've gone with Medium. Don't get me wrong- I'm no hot-wing-wimp, but these were like chicken sticks of fire. Awesome. Unfortunately, I could only eat three before I started to lose the feeling in my tongue and felt the tears streaming down my cheeks.


The waitress saved my flaming lips just in time by bringing out the burgers and tots.  I ordered my burger with provolone and grilled onions while Joe ordered bacon, cheddar and Thousand Island dressing.  Both were ordered medium, of course.
The burgers were cooked to perfection. They were amazingly tender and juicy to the point they seemed they could fall apart at any moment. Being perfectly cooked burgers, however- they maintained their shape. Mine was packed full of flavor with the cheese oozing over the edge. My only slight criticism- and I mean SLIGHT- was that the meat was a bit over-salted.  Luckily I happen to like it that way so it was not an issue that would deter me from finishing my heavenly meat patty.

Joe's burger was equally perfect. The bacon was nice and crispy, overflowing cheddar and more
evenly salted than mine.  Absolutely delicious.  I probably don't
even need to mention how awesome the tots are.  They're tots.  Of course they're awesome.
I suggest if you're in the Silver Spring area and craving some awesome burgers, tots, great music and great brew to stop into Quarry House.  It's just plain good.
Quarry House Tavern
8401 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD

0 comments:

Post a Comment