Recent Posts

September 15, 2009

My Birthday Wish...



I love pizza. I probably eat it once a week. I'm not talking about the standard, greasy delivery varieties (although they have their place at times), I'm talking about wood-fired pizzas with crispy crusts and fresh ingredients.

It's not always easy to venture out to the gourmet pizza places such as 2 Amy's and Pizzeria Paradiso so we've spent a lot of time making our own pizzas at home with a pizza stone. It's certainly not the same as what a wood fired oven can produce, but it's a step in the right direction.

It is my personal home improvement dream to build an outdoor pizza oven in the backyard. It seems reasonable to me. It's more attractive than a garden gnome (sorry Travelocity) AND it produces crispy, smoky, perfect pizza crusts. It seems like a no-brainer really. In my quest for a personal hearth to the pizza gods, I came across this article on Lifehacker. Please note that my birthday is coming up in October should anyone feel like building this for me.

BUILD A BACKYARD WOOD FIRED POMPEII OVEN

1 comments:

VINCENT said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Post a Comment